Monday, April 19, 2010

Goal #327 Go cross country skiing!

Rachelle here again. I've been trying to get this goal in all winter, and finally convinced my friends Sean and Emily to go with me right at the tail end of winter. It seems that many people think of cross country skiing as either a poor second to downhill, or not worth the work. I, however, disagree. I had never gone before, but thought it sounded like fun. And indeed it was!
Despite weather warnings, it turned out to be the perfect day for heading out. We stayed at Emily's family's cabin, where we could stop by for lunch and hot chocolate between outings. It took a little more skill than I first expected, but I felt that it added to the fun. Both Emily and I had a couple of "moments" though while trying to cross a fence. I managed to get each ski turned opposite directions, and couldn't untwist myself for several minutes, and Emily slipped and fell right in a pile of...well, I'll just say "remnants of a good horse meal".
Emily and Sean.. Aren't they an adorable couple??


Keep checking our blog over the next few weeks.. hopefully more posts will follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment